Pages

Wednesday 16 February 2022

Our Relationship with God.

Our scripture today is all about seeking God. It is drawn from the Songs of Solomon-a very misinterpreted bible book which doesn't talk about a physical relationship between a man & a woman. It is written to symbolically describe an intimate relationship between us & God. The bible also describes the church as a bride being prepared for the glorious return of the Bridegroom Who is Jesus Christ. Our today's scripture is therefore not talking about a human being looking for his or her human lover. It is talking about us seeking God until we find HIM. In this world we can spend our days, months & years chasing after many material things, but the most fulfilling thing to chase & to find is God.

Song of Solomon 3:1 All night long on my bed I looked for the one my heart loves; I looked for him but did not find him. 2 I will get up now and go about the city, through its streets and squares; I will search for the one my heart loves. So I looked for him but did not find him. 3 The watchmen found me as they made their rounds in the city. "Have you seen the one my heart loves?" 4 Scarcely had I passed them when I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go till I had brought him to my mother's house, to the room of the one who conceived me.

The writer of this book sought after God who he called "the one i love" on his bed in prayer, then in the city through the streets & squares where he found the watchmen (intercessors). He prayed with them/ asked them whether they had seen the one he loved but they had not. But as soon as he passed them, (praying & believing more for himself), he found the One he loved. This month as we pray beyond intercessors even with fasting, we shall find God- The One our hearts love.

Friends, this season, let us go deeper in personal prayer like David whose heart thirsted for God alone in Psalm 42. Let us pray beyond the spiritual watchmen. Let's not just send prayer requests & wait for people to intercede for us. We thank God for the great intercessory role they play but let’s go beyond them & seek God for ourselves like Hannah who prayed until God removed her barrenness & gave her Samuel. As soon as we pass the spiritual watchmen & go beyond them in faith & prayer, we shall find JESUS, the one we love. Let us hold HIM & not let HIM go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blessing for each one of us

  God created each one of us in such a way that each person has their own portion of blessings. We don't need to strife over any physica...